- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- AD Scoop
2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2013 Offensive Coordinator
- 2013 Defensive Coordinator
- 2013 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2013 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2013 Running Backs Coach
- 2013 Offensive Line Coach
- 2013 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Line Coach
- 2013 Linebackers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2013 FCS Coordinator
- 2013 Division II Coordinator
- 2013 Division III Coordinator
- 2013 NAIA Coordinator
- 2013 Director of Operations
- 2013 Strength & Conditioning
- 2013 Director of Player Personnel
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
Vic Fangio - 2010 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
Vic Fangio - Stanford University
FootballScoop is proud to announce that Vic Fangio (Stanford) is the 2010 FootballScoop Defensive Coordinator of the Year presented by SpeedTracs.
In his first season at Stanford, Vic Fangio’s defense held three PAC-10 opponents scoreless (UCLA, Washington, Oregon State), while the Cardinal broke a school record for wins in a season with eleven.
Stanford finished 11th nationally in scoring defense and currently led the PAC-10 in scoring defense. The Cardinal allowed just 44 points over the last final five games of the season. The most dominant performance of the year came against Washington when Stanford allowed just 107 total yards.
Not only was Fangio in his first year at Stanford, but defensive backs coach Derek Mason and defensive line coach Randy Hart also joined the staff last off-season. For the Stanford defense to perform as they did in the first year of a new system, with three new defensive coaches, really speaks volumes of the outstanding job Fangio did as the coordinator. Furthermore, the Cardinal did not have a single player recognized as First-Team All Pac-10, which makes the defensive success even more remarkable.
The Cardinal did an exceptional job at creating turnovers and eliminating explosive plays. Stanford recorded 29 takeaways on the season, while the defense allowed just 23 plays all season of 30+ yards (11th nationally).
Stanford has earned a trip to the Discover Orange Bowl, when the Cardinal will play Virginia Tech on January 3rd.
The FootballScoop Coaches of the Year awards presented by SpeedTracs are the only set of awards that recognize the most outstanding position coaches in college football. The finalists (Fangio, Dick Bumpas - TCU, Jeff Casteel - West Virginia and Jim Heacock - Ohio State) were selected based off of nominations by coaches, athletic directors, and athletic department personnel. A panel of coaches including previous recipients determined the 2010 winners.
Previous winners of the Defensive Coordinator of the Year award are Nick Holt (USC, 2008) and Kirby Smart (Alabama, 2009).
|11-1 overall record
||Shutouts against UCLA, Washington & Oregon State
|11th Nationally - Scoring Defense (17.8 PPG)||12th Nationally - Turnovers Gained (29)|
|24th Nationally - Total Defense (325 YPG)||31st Nationally - Third down defense (36%)|
Created in 1999, FootballScoop.com is the premier source for coaching job information and has evolved into the most widely viewed website by coaches, athletic directors, equipment managers and strength & conditioning coaches across America. As the leading coaching job information venue, FootballScoop.com serves our viewers’ needs by providing 1st hand, timely & accurate information for our audience. FootballScoop.com is the premier provider of official job postings.
SpeedTracs provides sports performance tracking services and affordable, pro-caliber speed and agility training to the nation’s top high school and college sports programs. Its world-class training curriculums enable teams to train together on campus and under their own coaches, much the same way strength and conditioning training are available today via the school weight room. Through its acclaimed performance tracking software, SportsTracs™, athlete performance is tracked and measured to improve their speed, agility, explosion, strength, flexibility and endurance. For more information, visit www.speedtracs.com.