- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- AD Scoop
2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2013 Offensive Coordinator
- 2013 Defensive Coordinator
- 2013 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2013 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2013 Running Backs Coach
- 2013 Offensive Line Coach
- 2013 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Line Coach
- 2013 Linebackers Coach
- 2013 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2013 FCS Coordinator
- 2013 Division II Coordinator
- 2013 Division III Coordinator
- 2013 NAIA Coordinator
- 2013 Director of Operations
- 2013 Strength & Conditioning
- 2013 Director of Player Personnel
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
Gus Malzahn - 2010 Offensive Coordinator of the Year
Gus Malzahn - Auburn University
FootballScoop is proud to announce that Gus Malzahn (Auburn) is the 2010 FootballScoop Offensive Coordinator of the Year presented by SpeedTracs.
Malzahn directed Auburn to a Southeastern Conference championship and an undefeated 13-0 season. Under Malzahn’s leadership, the Tigers averaged 42 points per game (6th nationally) and averaged 497 yards per game (7th nationally). Quarterback Cam Newton was recognized as college football’s most outstanding player by winning the Heisman Trophy.
Auburn converted 53% of third-down opportunities and finished 11th nationally with just 15 turnovers lost. Third-down conversions were critical in wins against LSU (50%), Georgia (71%), and in the SEC championship game against South Carolina (75%). In the final nine games of the season, the Tigers did not turn the ball over more than once per game.
Malzahn’s up tempo and creative offense presented problems weekly against the nation’s toughest defenses. Some of the best defensive coordinators in the game were not able to limit big plays from the Auburn offense. In fact, the Tigers finished 5th nationally with 91 plays gaining 30+ yards.
Auburn has earned a trip to the BCS National Championship game, when the Tigers will play Oregon in Glendale, Arizona on January 10th.
The FootballScoop Coaches of the Year awards presented by SpeedTracs are the only set of awards that recognize the most outstanding position coaches in college football. The finalists (Malzahn, Paul Chryst - Wisconsin, Mark Helfrich - Oregon, and Dana Holgorsen - Oklahoma State) were selected based off of nominations by coaches, athletic directors, and athletic department personnel. A panel of coaches including previous recipients determined the 2010 winners.
Previous winners of the Offensive Coordinator of the Year award are Kevin Wilson (Oklahoma, 2008) and Bryan Harsin (Boise State, 2009).
|13-0 and SEC Champions||1st Nationally - Passing Efficiency|
|3rd Nationally - Third down conversions (53%)||6th Nationally - Scoring Offense (42.6 PPG)|
|6th Nationally - Rushing Offense (287 YPG)||7th Nationally - Total Offense (497 YPG)|
Created in 1999, FootballScoop.com is the premier source for coaching job information and has evolved into the most widely viewed website by coaches, athletic directors, equipment managers and strength & conditioning coaches across America. As the leading coaching job information venue, FootballScoop.com serves our viewers’ needs by providing 1st hand, timely & accurate information for our audience. FootballScoop.com is the premier provider of official job postings.
SpeedTracs provides sports performance tracking services and affordable, pro-caliber speed and agility training to the nation’s top high school and college sports programs. Its world-class training curriculums enable teams to train together on campus and under their own coaches, much the same way strength and conditioning training are available today via the school weight room. Through its acclaimed performance tracking software, SportsTracs™, athlete performance is tracked and measured to improve their speed, agility, explosion, strength, flexibility and endurance. For more information, visit www.speedtracs.com.