- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
'The day I can't coach players is the day I can't be a head coach'
As a first year head coach hitting the field for spring ball, Southern Miss head coach Todd Monken immediately felt a difference from his years as a coordinator and position coach.
"It was weird." Monken told reporters.
"I messed up a lot of stuff. It's amazing the types of things that you look past. Managers are in different spots and wondering where they're supposed to be. Everywhere else I've been it's just kind of worked out, now all of a sudden people are looking at me like 'What do we do?'"
Then Monken, who's also in charge of the quarterbacks, added something that really stuck out to us.
"The most fun that I have is coaching the players. That's the most fun that I have. If I ever have to get rid of that, than I can't be a head coach anymore because I love coaching the players."
That one on one interaction with his players, and being able to witness their progress is what really motivates Monken. The "head coach" title has nothing to do with it.
Plenty more quality material from Monken below, including more than a few one liners worth writing down. Don't worry, we've included a few of them below.
- "You've got to do it better than they defend it."
- "They (players) don't have a choice, if they walk around they get kicked off the field."
- "You can always slow down, but if you don't train to go fast, you can't ever go fast."