- The Scoop
- Strength Scoop
- High School Scoop
- DFO Scoop
- 2013 Coaches of the Year
- 2012 Coaches of the Year
2011 Coaches of the Year
- 2011 Offensive Coordinator
- 2011 Defensive Coordinator
- 2011 Special Teams
- 2011 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2011 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2011 Offensive Line Coach
- 2011 Running Backs Coach
- 2011 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2011 Linebackers Coach
- 2011 Defensive Line Coach
- 2011 Dir Football Operations
- 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2011 FCS Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division II Coordinator of the Year
- 2011 Division III Coordinator of the Year
2010 Coaches of the Year
- 2010 Offensive Coordinator
- 2010 Defensive Coordinator
- 2010 Special Teams Coordinator
- 2010 Quarterbacks Coach
- 2010 Running Backs Coach
- 2010 Wide Receivers Coach
- 2010 Offensive Line Coach
- 2010 Defensive Line Coach
- 2010 Linebackers Coach
- 2010 Defensive Backs Coach
- 2010 Dir of Football Operations
- 2010 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 2010 Div. 1-AA Coordinator
- 2010 Div. II Coordinator
- 2010 Div. III Coordinator
Examining offensive coordinator salaries in the Big 12
Oklahoma offensive coordinator Josh Heupel had been approved by for a raise and contract extension by the OU Board of Regents, according to a report from Guerin Emig of the Tulsa World.
The former national title winning quarterback is entering his ninth year on the staff and third season as the Sooners' co-offensive coordinator and play caller. He will join defensive coordinator Mike Stoops as the only Oklahoma assistant to receive a three-year contract, and his salary will bump to $550,000 per year, $50,000 below Mike Stoops.
Previously, Heupel's salary was equal with co-coordinator and wide receivers coach Jay Norvell at $350,000 per year. Norvell also received a raise to $400,000 but remains on a one-year deal. Running backs coach Cale Gundy and assistant head coach/cornerbacks coach Bobby Jack Wright earned raises to $300,000, and linebackers coach Tim Kish will now make $279,000 per year.
The OU Board of Regents also approved salary figures for Oklahoma's three new hires: defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery will make $325,000, offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh will earn $315,000 and tight ends coach/special teams coordinator Jay Boulware will make $270,000 this season. All three new hires will earn higher salaries than the coaches they replaced.
Earlier this week we took a peek at Big Ten defensive coordinator salaries when word broke of Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison's new contract, so thought we'd do the same with Big 12 offensive coordinators today.
1. Major Applewhite, Texas - $575,000
2. Josh Heupel, Oklahoma - $550,000
3. Courtney Messingham, Iowa State - $302,000
4. Shannon Dawson, West Virginia - $300,000
Rob Ianello*, Kansas - $300,000
6. Dana Dimel, Kansas State - $283,000
7. Sonny Cumbie/Eric Morris, Texas Tech - $210,000
Jarrett Anderson, TCU - N/A
Philip Montgomery, Baylor - N/A
Mike Yurcich, Oklahoma State - N/A
* - Kansas does not employ an offensive coordinator. Ianello, the Jayhawks' wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, is the team's highest-paid offensive assistant.
Sonny Cumbie and Eric Morris, Texas Tech's co-offensive coordinators, are not the highest-paid offensive assistants on Kliff Kingsbury's staff. Running backs coach Mike Jinks slightly outpaces the pair with a $215,000 salary.