Video: “This Is Why We Work – Fourth Quarter”
Fresh off of their thrilling fourth quarter win over Notre Dame, which prompted Dabo Swinney’s passionate “BYOG” post game interview that has taken on a life of its own, Clemson has released a nicely put together new video entitled “This Is Why We Work – Fourth Quarter”.
“When you’re at a place like Clemson, and you have a mentality in your program that expects you to win, there is no ‘next game’, every game is the biggest game of the year.”
The video goes on to highlight the sweat equity that players put in from sunrise to sunset every week as a reminder of how hard they work, and why they do it.
Tuesday’s One Minute Warm Up
– CBS did a nice little special on the man behind the customized cleats that NFL players have been wearing on game days.
– After the illegal bat fiasco in the Lions game last night, this is an excellent point.
Roger Goodell makes 45 million a yr(?). How can the refs not be full time employees?!?!
— Joe Tanis (@coachtanis) October 6, 2015
– Harbaugh really is an old soul, and this is as much proof as anyone needs.
— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) October 6, 2015
– Southern Miss had an in game proposal over the weekend
– In strange news, Arizona State is asking fans that attend games to stop painting their faces
— Doug Samuels (@CoachSamz) October 6, 2015
– Remember the Starbury basketball shoe? The only shoe attached to an NBA player you could get for $15 or less…well they’re apparently making a comeback.
The best from yesterday
– Joe Philbin is out in Miami, and is being replaced by 39 year old Dan Campbell on an interim basis.
– Tom Herman and his staff have taped SMU jersey’s to the floor around the facility.
Video of the Day – Johnnie Tommie: The weekend
Video of the Day
Tuesday October 6, 2015
Johnnie Tommie: The weekend
The most interesting two point conversion of the weekend
I’d argue that Notre Dame’s attempted two point play to tie Clemson was the most pivotal two point play of the weekend; but the one you’re about to see is perhaps the most interesting conversion.
Rowan had just taken the lead on Christopher Newport when their kicker lined up for the extra point. Playing in rain soaked conditions, the kick, a low line drive, hit the center and fell behind the line of scrimmage. Rowan’s kicker immediately recognized the opportunity, scooped it up, and…. well you kind of have to see it to believe it.
And, for those who want to watch a linebacker fill his gap, here’s Notre Dame’s two point try.
Clemson stops ND from converting 2 point conversion https://t.co/3Jkc9WbLhV
— gifdsports (@gifdsports) October 4, 2015
Tom Herman and his staff have taped SMU jerseys to the floor around the facility
The battle between two of Texas’ first year college head coaches on Thursday night just got a little more interesting, thanks to an interesting motivational tactic by Tom Herman and his staff.
Walk around the football facility at Houston, and you’ll notice jersey’s with “SMU” across the chest taped to the ground in the higher traffic foot areas. The message that sends? We’ll leave that up to you to decide.
Houston beat writer Joseph Duarte tweeted a few pics and a video of the creative approach.
— Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) October 5, 2015
On Thursday night (8pm EST kickoff), Houston (4-0) and Herman will look to remain unbeaten, while a much improved SMU (1-4) squad , led by Chad Morris, are looking for win number two on the year, and their first conference win in the American.