To Get Your Blood Pumping:
– Now that he’s got some time on his hands, we need Ted Wells and his crew to investigate PeanutButterGate.
Remember this from Dana Holgorsen? https://t.co/oIVPgcMQ6a Ron Crook’s reply: I don’t know what he’s talking about. I have a peanut allergy.
— Mike Casazza (@mikecasazza) August 12, 2015
– Speaking of DeflateGate, the NFL and Tom Brady went to court yesterday (really) and a court sketch artist’s depiction of Brady looked like LSU head coach Les Miles. Les (or whoever runs his Twitter account) chimed in with a great response.
– That sketch spawned a number of hilarious tweets, and this one may be my favorite of them all.
— Only In Boston (@OnlyInBOS) August 12, 2015
– An LSU assistant coach has been banned from texting for six months after committing a minor NCAA violation.
– Texas Tech has a staff full of grinders
Texas Tech coaches are in the office daily by 4:30 am. Kingsbury at 4. Practice ends at 7:30 pm, then film. These guys put in insane hours.
— Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) August 12, 2015
– Someone dusted off their yearbook to dig up this picture of Mark Richt as a young buck at Boca Raton HS.
“Alright, alright, alright” Mark Richt as a Freshman at Boca Raton HS (my buddy was a Sr. dusted off his yearbook) pic.twitter.com/3KKJQx1dVX
— Mike Bell (@mikebell929) August 13, 2015
– Butch Jones and Tennessee did a study and found that 86% of a student athlete’s time is spent with the strength staff.
– Steve Spurrier had some fun with reporters after practice yesterday.
– Pat Narduzzi is staying with his Pitt players in the dorms during camp to build chemistry.
– On the very first episode of ESPN’s Hard Knocks, Texans head coach Bill O’Brien set the tone early.
Games on tap tonight:
Saints at Ravens – 7:30pm EST
Packers at Patriots – 7:30pm EST – NFL Network
Jets at Lions – 7:30pm EST
Dolphins at Bears – 8pm EST
Redskins at Browns – 8pm EST
Cowboys at Chargers – 10pm EST – NFL Network