The Sports Network Top 10
1. North Dakota State (9-0) - at Youngstown State
2. Eastern Illinois (9-1) - vs. Jacksonville State
3. Eastern Washington (8-2) - at Cal Poly
4. Sam Houston State (8-2) - at Southeastern Louisiana
5. Fordham (10-0) - at Lafayette
6. Maine (9-1) - vs. Rhode Island
7. Montana (8-2) - vs. Weber State
8. Montana State (7-3) - vs. Southern Utah
9. McNeese State (8-2) - vs. Northwestern State
10. Towson (8-2) - at William & Mary
Three Games Worth Watching:
No. 1 North Dakota State (9-0) at No. 15 Youngstown State (8-2) - With the Missouri Valley title on the line and the two-time defending champions coming to town, there actually could have been more hype swirling around Youngstown for this game as College GameDayhad Bison-Penguins on its radar until Youngstown's loss to Northern Iowa last week. To pull off the upset, Youngstown State needs its top-ranked red zone offense to come away with six and not three when it does manage to push North Dakota State's titanium curtain of a defense inside its own 20.
No. 4 Sam Houston State (8-2) at No. 14 Southeastern Louisiana (8-2) - To become the first team since 2010 other than Sam Houston State to win the Southland Conference championship, Southeastern Louisiana will have to beat Sam Houston State. The Lions have averaged 52.8 points a game in their six-game winning streak, a trend that needs to continue against one of FCS's most fearsome rushing attacks.
No. 10 Towson (8-2) at No. 16 William & Mary (7-3) - No. 6 Maine looks as good as gold to win the Colonial, but this is a crucial game among the four two-loss teams looking to earn the second bid out of the CAA. William & Mary has gone straight 2011 Alabama in its five home games this season, limiting opponents to a total of 28 points and pitching two shutouts while running its record to 5-0. Towson is a perfect 6-0 on the road this season, averaging 41 points in those half-dozen wins. This one should be fun.