Just in case you don't spend every waking moment on Twitter and FootballScoop (and if not, where have you been?), we've corralled our top five stories of the week, as well as some of smaller bits of non-coaching news around the college football world that may have slipped through the cracks.
- The Big Ten is openly looking to switch up its bowl line-up between now and December. Expect the Pinstripe Bowl and Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl to join the rotation.
- The Big Ten may also play neutral-site conference games in the upcoming future.
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said in November that the conference was "inactive but alert" after the additions of Rutgers and Maryland in November. But Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee said in December that the league's expansion talks were "ongoing".
- In non-Big Ten news, the Mountain West announced its divisional alignment when the league moves to 12 teams this fall. In a move that actually makes sense, the divisions will be called "Mountain" and "West".
- Conference USA also announced its divisional alignment and 2013 conference opponents this week.
- Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby stated Friday the league is exploring an alliance with the ACC and two other unspecified leagues.
- Kentucky president Eli Capilouto has asked Wildcats fans to turn to an alternate source to get funding for UK's facilities improvements.
- Central Florida and Penn State will play a home-and-home in 2013-14.
- Troy and Duke will also play a home-and-home in 2013-14.
- Syracuse, Wake Forest, Missouri and the entire Sun Belt are in need of non-conference games for 2013.
- The Pro Bowl uniforms were released Friday and they are surprisingly restrained.
Shameless Self-Promotion; or, Our Top Five Stories of the Week:
- The details of Charlie Strong's contract were released this week, and this much is clear: he has a really good agent.
- The NCAA passed some pretty comprehensive changes to its recruiting regulations last week. And by comprehensive changes, we mean they deleted them. We talked to someone whose job will be changed significantly by these changes about how exactly his life is about to change.
- Exactly how valuable is college football on TV? Nielsen released some research from the 2012 season, and the answer is in: much more valuable than you think.
- Tulsa GA Zak Bigelow dived pretty deeply into college football statistics and has come up with some fresh ways to analyze the game. We discussed his most recent study here.
- Johnny Football got together with some trick shot artists, and the results were fantastic.