Teams report for camp next week. We've made it, everybody. The off-season is finally behind us.
The Starting Five: Our five best stories of the week.
- The winners of the 2013 Video of the Year contest were announced on Monday. At the FBS level, the title goes to Ole Miss. Southern Oregon took home the non-FBS Video of the Year award, and Chaparral High School out of Arizona won the High School Video of the Year honors.
- The media day circuit made sure almost every BCS head coach was asked about his personal responsibility regarding player conduct. Why Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald had by far the best answer.
- Let's just say he's historically overqualified for his current position. 10 Questions With: Western Kentucky head coach Bobby Petrino.
- In the world of 80-plus plays and 40-plus points per game, the best defense is a fast offense.
- You're probably not familiar with Incarnate Word outside linebackers/special teams coach Jake Zweig, but you should be. Why? He's the most interesting man in college football.
The Film Room: A sampling of the best videos we posted this week.
- An entertaining video from Northwestern. Why kickers aren't allowed at Big Ten Media Days.
- A funny marketing video from Under Armour, Tom Brady and Funny or Die.
- The sequel to Arizona's ground-breaking recruiting video: Hard Edge 2.
- Coaches doing stunts: Frank Solich riding a tricycle and James Franklin going cliff jumping.
- An effective recruiting video from Colby College.
- Something you don't get to see often: inside Jason Garrett's message to the Cowboys to open training camp.
The Best in Non-Coaching News: Keeping you up to date on everything you need to know inside the college football world.
- The crystal football, also known as the one good thing the BCS ever produced, is getting thrown out with the trash.
- The 25 most engaged fanbases in college football.
- ESPN is going all out in terms of college football coverage in the month of August.
- Phoenix, Jacksonville, New Orleans, San Antonio, Tampa, Dallas and Miami will bid on the 2016-17 College Football Playoff championship games according to Brett McMurphy. The 2015 title game is already set for Cowboys (err, AT&T) Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- The Pac-12 announced restrictions for full-contact practice this week.
- New uniforms and/or helmets at Western Michigan, Miami of Ohio, Ole Miss, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, Nevada, Buffalo, Fresno State, Baylor, South Alabama, South Carolina, Columbia and Houston.