The Frank Broyles Award — given to the nation’s top assistant coach — announced five finalists on Monday afternoon.
- Baylor offensive coordinator Kendal Briles: 1st in total offense, yards per play, total offense and scoring.
- North Carolina defensive coordinator Gene Chizik: 19th in scoring (up 100 spots from las season), 40th in yards per play allowed (117th), 17th in turnovers forced, five-win improvement over 2014.
- Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley: 7th in total offense, 9th in yards per play, 7th in scoring, 3rd in passing efficiency, three-win improvement over 2014.
- Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart: 2nd in total defense, 2nd in yards per play allowed, 3rd in scoring defense.
- Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables: 7th in total defense, 10th in yards per play allowed, 16th in scoring defense.
The winner will be announced next Tuesday in Little Rock.