St. Thomas (D-III - MN) head coach Glenn Caruso joined us for a brief presentation followed by a conversation on culture and leadership earlier today.
Caruso talks about their story at St. Thomas beginning with taking over a 2-8 team and some of the processes and core values they've instituted that has been critical to creating the national powerhouse that they've become.
A few of my favorite points from our conversation with coach Caruso:
- Why stubborn is a trait that they look for at St. Thomas
- The trait they're willing to overlook measurables for
- Why process > goals
- How the roles of Belief, Personnel, and Scheme have changed drastically for him over his coaching career in regards to how they play into successful programs
- How he leans on others to do a true self scouts of himself and his program as a head coach
- The Golden Circle and understanding its role in sustaining a championship culture
- The layout of the 4-year plan he went into his initial interview with St. Thomas with...and what happened when year 5 came around
Head here to see all of the FootballScoop Online Clinic content to date, and fill out this form to be considered for a future clinic presentation.
Check out our conversation with Caruso below.