News & Notes
- All nine of Northwestern's assistant coaches will return next season, making 2016 the staff's fifth straight season together. That is astounding.
- Roger Goodell installed a Rooney Rule for women regarding executive league office positions.
- Both Mark Dantonio and Bobby Petrino have contract extensions in the works, per their respective athletics directors.
- The Big 12 held a discussion among its athletics directors whether to expand, add a championship game, do both or do neither. As per usual, nothing was decided, but the consultants got paid. Rinse and repeat.
- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili will miss a month after a knee to the groin in Wednesday night's game with the Orlando Magic led to testicular surgery. He would appreciate your prayers.
And now for the rest of the story...
How five words explained how Chad Morris has transformed the culture at SMU.
This... is uncomfortable.
Louisville is pumping $55 million (while borrowing some ideas from the Cowboys and Seahawks) to spruce up Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.
A Virginia assistant chased down a hit-and-run driver on a recruiting trip.
What if coaches were actually honest on National Signing Day?
The NCAA's football rules committee will review the targeting rule and whether or not to allow coaches to use tables and computers on the sidelines.