News & Notes
- Mark Dantonio earns raise at Michigan State, remains underpaid.
- Tom Jurich has received approval to begin contract negotiations with Bobby Petrino on a new contract.
- Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt could have his stay on the College Football Playoff selection committee extended by a year due to his role as chairman this year.
- South Carolina extended its contract with Under Armour through 2026 for a total of $71.5 million in cash and products.
- ACC commissioner John Swofford joined SEC commissioner Greg Sankey in his criticism of Jim Harbaugh holding spring practice in Florida. Harbaugh called the criticism "comical." I believe it was Ron Burgundy who said, "Let the games begin."
And now for the rest of the story...
This speech by Monty Williams at his wife's funeral will stay with you much longer than the four minutes it'll take you to watch it.
Just why does Roger Goodell make so much more than his players anyway?
How to break into college coaching with no experience and no connections, from an NFL assistant who's done it.
Brad Keselowski playing basketball will remind you of a baby deer learning to walk.
The target audience is much less football-savvy than ours, but there's some honest quotes from high school coaches in here.
"Come over here, son. We'll talk about receiving a first-class education while looking out at the waters of Lake Michigan from inside our new indoor."