News & Notes...
- The Browns plan to move on from the Johnny Manziel, reportedly planning to cut him on March 9. The Johnny Football era will end less than two years after it began.
- Longtime ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe announced her breast cancer has returned. Here's hoping for nothing less than a full recovery.
- The Cowboys are talking to former Niners head coach Mike Nolan about their defensive backs opening.
- Alcorn State moved quickly to replace Jay Hopson, naming Fred McNair as head coach.
- National Signing Day is, obviously, tomorrow. It should be good for some fireworks both on the player (No. 1 recruit Rashan Gary is reportedly down to Michigan and Clemson) and the coaching front. Make sure you stay tuned to The Scoop throughout the day.
And now for the rest of the story....
After Doug posted a story on Bret Bielema's recruiting stories...
... one reader lived up to his billing.
In other Bielema news:
Wilson is working to produce a smarter, more interactive football.
Nice work here from the family of Missouri beat writer Dave Matter.
Bad Lip Reading is back in time for the Super Bowl.
Smart Football had some thoughts on the future of football and technology.
Mercer will flash its signees on digital billboards in Times Square tomorrow.