To get the blood pumping:
- In an effort to get more students at games, Northern Illinois is offering up a shot at free tuition.
- I'm really not sure why this took so long...
- This tweet is worth sharing with your players
- Here's a look at the preseason follies around the NFL.
- Brownie points for country singer Brad Paisley
- Just in case you're tempted to try the Ghost Pepper wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, let this video from Arizona football players serve as a reminder NOT to.
- In rather sad news, Northern Illinois lost their mascot husky "Diesel" over the weekend to cancer.
- Neal Brown is already putting his offensive stamp on the program at Troy.
- The oddest stat of the week.
- After their win on Saturday over Stanford, Northwestern is an impressive 9-0 against "academic comparables" according to Teddy Greenstein.
- Prepare to have your childhood memories ruined.
On tap tonight:
Ohio State at Virginia Tech - 8pm EST - ESPN
From the weekend:
- Watch the video of two Texas HS players targeting a referee after a call they disagreed with.
- Watch Bronco Mendenhall's emotional post game speech after BYU beat Nebraska with a Hail Mary from their backup quarterback.
- 7 nuggets from the opening weekend of college football. What's real and what was a mirage?