At this time next week, many of you will be on the practice field or darn close to it.
- Presented without comment. Fast Company's readers voted Whataburger the best burger chain in America.
- The easiest triple play ever recorded in baseball (okay, not really, but you get the point):
- For those who can't get enough, Lee Barfknect of the Omaha World-Herald reported over the weekend that five Big 12 teams tried to get in the Big Ten back in 2010.
- We need more Lieutenant Higgins in this world. Or at least more of him on television.
- At Big 12 media days Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads made special note of defensive end Mitchell Meyers, who Rhoads said never missed a workout in six months of undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. On Friday Meyers had his final chemotherapy session, and the Cyclones surprised him with a hearty congratulations.
— Cyclone Football (@CycloneFB) July 24, 2015
In Case You Missed It: - John Smoltz's comments at his Baseball Hall of Fame speech urging parents to let their kids play multiple sports were extraordinary.
- Parents of young children will love this. Kristen Bell calls Avery Huffman, daughter of Scout recruiting director Brandon Huffman and battling brain cancer, as Princess Anna from Frozen.
- HBO's Real Sports dove into Everyone Gets a Trophy Culture.
- Bad Comedian Eli Manning.
- East Carolina did a nice job displaying all 27 of their uniform combinations.
What to Look For Today: ACC coaches head to Bristol for the ESPN car wash.