Northwood (D-II - MI) offensive line coach Arthur Ray Jr. joined us today.
Coach Ray brings a unique perspective to the offensive line after being a highly rated recruit coming out of high school before being diagnosed with cancer a week after signing to play at Michigan State. Ray Jr. would go on to sign to play as an undrafted free agent with the Dolphins before starting his own Offensive Line Academy in the Chicagoland area.
In today's presentation, coach Ray takes us through his favorite offensive line drills and why he installs them with his guys in phases.
A few key takeaways:
- How coach is emphasizing "Finishing through the whistle"
- What and how he's teaching on his gap scheme combo blocks
- How his philosophy on if your center can throw a spiral should influence how he snaps the ball
- How he ties in core work with some pass drills
- How they utilize med balls in a number of different ways in their drills
Catch the full presentation in the clip.