To kick off Day 4 of our Online Clinic series, Akron's Alex Kline joined us to talk recruiting. Kline is the first of a handful of FBS coaches we've got lined up for our Online Clinic.
As the director of recruiting and high school relations at Akron, Kline specifically shared more on their approach on recruiting to a culture.
A few key takeaways from Kline's presentation:
- The stronger the culture in your program and in your locker room, the more risks you may be able to take in recruiting
- Kline shared that one question they're always asking themselves is: "Is this recruit strong enough to not only adapt to our culture, but help carry it on beyond him?"
- The critical role that high school coaches play in their recruiting evaluation process
- The best thing a high school coach can say about a recruit Akron is interested in, as well as some red flags they look for.
- Some ideas on how to build a creative department within your program.
You can catch Kline's full talk in the video.