Late last week, word started to circulate that Cincinnati athletic director Mike Bohn was nearing a deal to become the new athletic director at USC - a move that many in the industry applauded.
An official announcement was expected by many outlets to take place yesterday, but Monday came and went with no announcement.
This morning, a report from InsideUSC with Scott Wolf shared that Bohn is having second thoughts. Why? The report stats that USC president Carol Folt told Bohn he would not be able to hire Urban Meyer. That is a dealbreaker for Bohn, the report shares.
The report also states that "several athletic directors turned the job down because they were told Meyer was not an option, sources said. Bohn apparently was not informed until after he agreed to take the job."
Stay tuned to The Scoop for the latest.
Update>
Pete Thamel reports that Bohn is still expected to accept the job.
What does this mean regarding Urban Meyer remains to be seen.
As you might recall, Thamel reported this weekend that Urban won't be the target of USC's search. Brett McMurphy however reported that USC planned to do whatever it takes to get Urban.
As we like to say, welcome to November...