Good morning and welcome to The Warm Up. We'll get you caught up on what may have missed yesterday and what you need to know today - all in about a minute's time.
- Photos: Bear falls asleep after eating 20-pound bag of dog food. No comment necessary.
- "Night after night for months, David Sweat slipped through a hole he had sawed at the back of his cell in the Clinton Correctional Facility in northern New York." A great account of how two men escaped a New York prison.
Mark Richt video-bombed Hugh Freeze while at ESPN.
Some poor intern just got fired:
And now, for our best stuff from yesterday:
- Dana Holgorsen: "If you're going to the spread and you're soft, you're going to get your butt kicked." Also, this is real life
- The story behind how Nick Saban got the Alabama job is fascinating. Mal Moore focused on Terry Saban (who had intentionally revealed her interest). Moore told the pilots that morning, "If I don't come back to this plane (in Miami) with Nick Saban, they should go on and take me to Cuba.":
- Come one, come all. We announced our third annual FootballScoop Video of the Year contest. This year's winners will get FootballScoop shirts!
- There were about 20 posts on The Scoop yesterday, most at the D-II level with a couple of full-time positions opening.
Up today: Charlie Strong, Bob Stoops, Art Briles, Mike Gundy and Paul Rhoads speak at Big 12 media days, and all 14 (!!) ACC coaches take the podium at Pinehurst.