I enjoyed Week 9 of action from the comfort of Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, so while I didn’t see a lot of games on TV, Twitter kept me somewhat in the loop so I could bring you the Twitter 12 pack for this weekend.
This seems like a good time to mention that it’s 2014…shouldn’t all FBS stadiums have Wifi so fans can share their experience at the game with social media?
With that off my chest, here’s the #Twitter12Pack.
1) Sunday was a historic day for the NFL
Sunday was the first day in NFL history with four 400-yard passers. Three of the four lost their game.
— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) October 27, 2014
2) The faction of Colts fans upset that they let Peyton Manning go in order to pick up Andrew Luck has to be getting smaller and smaller every week.
3) Forget allowing under 200 yards of total offense on Saturday against Michigan for the second straight year, and the -48 rushing yards the Spartan defense allowed against their rivals last season, this may be the most impressive stat of the Dantonio era.
As a ranked team, Michigan State has not lost to an unranked opponent under Mark Dantonio (26-0).
— Spartan Football (@MSU_Football) October 26, 2014
4) Fans should be aware; Don’t talk trash to Ole Miss athletic Director Ross Bjork on social media.
5) The last time Mount Union lost a regular season game, I was in college checking D3football.com as religiously as most people check Facebook today. Saturday they won their 90th straight regular season game.
— ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) October 26, 2014
6) Granted, I only watched the last part of the Ohio State-Penn State game, but this reflective quality on the border of the Buckeyes’ numbers is both really cool, and yet pointless. Once they’re on the field, that effect vanishes…but it sure looks cool before they come out of the tunnel.
7) The LSU vs Ole Miss game was an exciting one. So exciting that one fan sadly passed away during the game, actually inside of the stadium. Hopefully the person was a big time LSU fan.
We are told by LSU officials that someone in the south end zone died tonight – we have no further details and not sure when it occurred
— Ed Daniels (@WGNOsports) October 26, 2014
8) This stat is from a Michigan high school. You have to feel sorry for those kids.
Wow “@TheD_Zone: Wyoming Lee finishes with 0-9 record with 0 points scored and 512 points allowed this year.”
— Doug Samuels (@CoachSamz) October 25, 2014
9) Have you ever seen a face mask do this?
10) That’s a strong first quarter in Lane Kiffin’s return to Neyland.
Alabama’s Amari Cooper has 185 yards receiving, 36 yards shy of tying Julio Jones’ single-game school record. The 1st quarter has not ended.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 26, 2014
11) This had to be the funniest tweet I saw all weekend.
RT if you want us to keep tweeting this game. Favorite if you’d rather we just stop. — Mich. Daily Sports (@theblockm) October 25, 2014
Your sentiments have been acknowledged. We’ll send you the final score when we have it. pic.twitter.com/XBstm7ShqY
— Mich. Daily Sports (@theblockm) October 25, 2014
12) Certainly didn’t see this chant coming at the Kansas State vs. Texas game in Manhattan.
Bonus: It’s always good to see a quarterback lay some wood on a rival.
Connor Cook straight beastin’ https://t.co/fwu5yG0n7e”
— Michael Mead (@okcmeadbos4) October 26, 2014