Skip to main content

UCLA police arrest Diddy: Assault with a Kettlebell


Tuesday AM Update>

The incident began early in the day when Diddy's son (Justin Combs) was participating in an off-season workout, per UCLA's Scout site. Combs wasn't giving great efffort and Sal Alosi "kicked him out of the session".

Around noon, Diddy and Combs came to Alosi's office where, according to witnesses, Diddy rattled off expletives at Alosi.

At this point, Scout's details get a bit odd. Per Scout, Alosi "put up his hands in a non-threatening way, and instructed Combs and his father to get out of his office. Diddy then walked into Alosi's hand, and told Alosi not to put his hands on him."

Then it got real. "Diddy attacked Alosi, until interns and other personnel pulled off Diddy. The celebrity broke free again at one point and struck Alosi. The personnel were then successful in getting Diddy out of the office and into the weight room, where Diddy picked up a kettlebell...and then swung [it] at one of the interns."

UCPD watched video of the events and subsequently arrested Diddy. Oh, there's video you say? Yes, yes there is (anyone else think TMZ has already "secured" rights to that?).

UCPD has updated the charges (per Scout) to three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count making terrorist threats and one count of battery.

Original Post>

Earlier this afternoon, Diddy reportedly got into it with UCLA head strength coach Sal Alosi according to TMZ.

UCLA released the following statement early this evening:

Shortly after 12:30 p.m. today, Sean Combs (also known as P. Diddy) was arrested at UCLA’s Acosta Athletic Training Complex on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, which was a kettlebell. No one was seriously injured and UCPD is investigating. Combs is expected to be transported to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Inmate Reception Center later this evening.

Football coach Jim Mora issued the following statement:

“I’m thankful that our staff showed the level of professionalism that they did in handling this situation. This is an unfortunate incident for all parties involved. While UCPD continues to review this matter, we will let the legal process run its course and refrain from further comment at this time.”