- Did you know cartoonist Chuck Jones created rules for himself to follow while illustrating the Road Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons? Now you do.
- Loved this tweet from Penn State offensive line coach Herb Hand:
- They sculpted Urban Meyer into butter at the Ohio State Fair. That's a higher honor than being made governor up there.
- Tom Brady's four-game Deflategate suspension was upheld by the NFL yesterday. But you knew that already. The big winner here? NBC. They get the Patriots' opener (a Thursday night affair against the Pittsburgh Steelers) and Brady's return at Indianapolis - what a coincidence! - on Oct. 4.
- Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson is the early front-runner for Strangest Quote of Training Camp:
In Case You Missed It:
- Iowa athletics director Gary Barta says he does not regret giving Kirk Ferentz a 10-year contract extension before the 2010 season. The Hawkeyes are just 34-30 (and 19-21 in the Big Ten) since the extension.
- If you haven't seen Oregon's 360-degree view of what it's like to be a Duck in Autzen Stadium, fix that immediately.
- Wyoming's new recruiting pitch will be a big hit with recruits.
- When Pat Narduzzi downplayed the Backyard Brawl, Dana Holgorsen came in off the top rope.