Thursday July 3, 2008
Vote in our Weekly Poll on the homepage.
Jackson State: It appears J.J. Plummer is a strong candidate for the wide receivers job at Jackson State. Plummer is currently the wide receivers coach at Hinds CC.
New Orleans Saints: The Saints have hired Brian Adams as assistant director of college scouting. Adams previously served as a college scout with the Carolina Panthers since 2001.
Catholic University: in Washington DC. is seeking applicants for an assistant football coach. This is a full time 9 month position. Applicants with defensive line of defensive back experience are requested. Duties will included assisting coaching staff in day to day operations, coach either defensive line or defensive backs, on road recruiting, and any other administrative tasks assigned by the head coach. Bachelors degree required. College coaching and video editing experience preferred. Email cover letter, resume, and references to Dave Dunn, Head Football Coach, at email@example.com. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
Lincoln University: (Quarterbacks) - an NCAA II member, is seeking applicants for an assistant football coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching the quarterbacks, recruiting, film breakdown, academic success monitoring and other duties as assigned by the head football coach. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree. Preference will be given to candidates with college coaching experience, and Division II recruiting experience. Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment-related references via email to Samuel Bryant, Assistant Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
NCAA Football Coaches Academy: The NCAA has invited 26 coaches who aspire to be head coaches at member colleges and universities to its Football Coaches Academy, June 29 - July 1, in Indianapolis. The Academy is designed to reinforce various aspects of securing, managing and excelling in head football coaching positions at the intercollegiate level. The participants are current football coaches at NCAA colleges and universities who have up to eight years of experience coaching football.
- Theron Aych, assistant coach, University of Central Missouri
- Chris Beatty, running back and slot receivers coach, West Virginia University
- Cheston Blackshear, offensive line coach, Columbia University
- Keith Braxton, assistant football coach, Edinboro University of PA
- Cornelius Corprew, wide receiver coach/head track coach, Livingstone College
- Ulrick Edmonds, recruiting coordinator, running back coach, James Madison University
- Steve Ellis, defensive coordinator & defensive backs coach, Nicholls State University
- Joseph Gaither, recruiting coordinator, Winston-Salem State University
- Ernest Henderson, assistant football coach, Princeton University
- William Jackson, offensive coordinator, Frostburg State University
- Bruce Johnson, special teams coordinator & offensive line coach, Jackson State
- Omar King, assistant football coach, Long Island University-CW Post campus
- Jimmy Lindsey, defensive ends/co-special teams coordinator, Miami University (Ohio)
- Van Malone, assistant football coach, Texas A&M University
- Kevin Moore, assistant football coach, Catholic University
- Michael Morand, offensive coordinator, Virginia State University
- Jeffrey Parker, pass game coordinator, Norfolk State University
- Jeffrey Phelps, assistant football coach, Northern Illinois University
- Jason Phillips, assistant coach, University of Houston
- Sidney Powell, assistant coach, Ball State University
- Marshall Roberts, secondary coach, Liberty University
- John Scott, defensive line coach, Western Carolina University
- Junior Smith, assistant coach, East Carolina University
- Willie Taggart, assistant coach, Stanford University
- Floyd Webb, assistant coach, Grinnell College
- Terrell Williams, defensive line coach, Purdue University